Silagra - Uses, Interactions, Dosage and More
- ED can be quite a problem in men. As a man, it becomes difficult to handle the issues and anxiety related to ED. Ed or erectile dysfunction is a sensitive issue in men. It is the failure to get or keep an erection sufficiently firm to have sex. It's occasionally alluded to as ineptitude, even though this term is presently utilized less frequently.
- Occasional ED is not uncommon. Numerous men experience it during seasons of mental anxiety. In any case, recurring situations of ED can be an indication of medical issues that need treatment. It can likewise be an indication of passionate or relationship challenges that may be tended to by an expert.
- If a man is sexually aroused, the penile region muscles get relaxed and allow blood to flow at an increased level through penile arteries. Hence, the twin chambers inside the penis are filled with blood, and it becomes rigid. The rigid penis is known as erection. But, in the case of ED, the penile arteries are unable to become relaxed. It prevents the blood flow, and a man cannot achieve a properly erected penis.
- ED is not impotence itself, but it can lead to infertility. Due to ED, a man cannot develop an erection. Hence, he may not ejaculate properly. It leads to impotence. But, it is curable.
What is Silagra?
Silagra is a generic brand name of Sildenafil Citrate. It is widely used to treat ED or erectile dysfunction. The medicine is available as an OTC or over the counter medication in most of the countries. It is found in capsule form. Since it is a generic OTC medicine, it is cheap and quickly found. Anyone can buy it without prescription from any chemist shop. Bit, for the best results, one should always consult a doctor before starting this medication.
It is a PDE-5 inhibitor. The medicine helps increase the blood flow towards the penile region as it relaxes the smooth muscles of penile arteries. Additionally, it also prevents the PDE-4 from degrading cGMP. Hence, the blood flow and the level of CGMP remain normal in men, and they can develop a proper erection during sexual activities.
Important information about Silagra
- Silagra contains Sildenafil Citrate. It is a type of generic Viagra and is available as an OTC DRUG.
- It is used to treat ED or erectile dysfunction. But, the medicine will not work if one is unable to get sexually aroused or has a deformed penis.
- It is not for women.
- Silagra is ideal for men older than 18 years old but not more than 70 years in age.
- It is a type of PDE-5 inhibitor.
- It reacts directly with the blood pressure, The medicine often increases the blood flow towards the penis and can lower the blood pressure, Hence, if you have low blood pressure, try to consult a doctor.
- Silagra also reacts with nitrite medication like isosorbide nitrate, nitroglycerin, etc. Some recreational pills like amyl nitrite or butyl nitrite also directly interact with this medicine. Hence, it would help if you had a doctor's consultation before consuming such drugs together.
- It is a PDE-5 inhibitor and cannot be paired with any other PDE-5 Inhibitor medicine.
- Medicines like azole antifungals (such as itraconazole, ketoconazole) and macrolide antibiotics (example clarithromycin, erythromycin), can interact with Silagra in the wrong way.
- Similarly, HIV protease inhibitors like ritonavir, saquinavir), hepatitis C virus protease inhibitors (like boceprevir, telaprevir), and medicines such as mifepristone, rifampin often interact with SIlagra and prevent it from working.
- Benoquin cream or other monobenzonemedication also prevents Silagra from working correctly.
- Men who are using Retin A cream for treating inherited retinitis pigmentosa, cannot use Silagra(1000).
- It may make the buzzing sound in the ear worse. So, if you have tinnitus, consult your physician to check if Silagra is ideal for you.
- Alcohol also interacts in a genitive way with Silagra. So, it is better if you do not consume alcohol while taking this medicine to treat your ED.
- In case you have had heart problems like chest pain or angina or heart failure in the past, including irregular heartbeat, Silagra is not ideal for you.
- Silagra(1000) does not work in case of Penis conditions like painful or prolonged erection or Priapism angulation, fibrosis or scarring, Peyronie’s disease.
- It can make you dizzy. So, please do not drive after taking Silagra.
- Always try to consult a specialist or your general physician or even a pharmacist before you start with Silagra.
- Grapefruit and its extracts can cause serious side effects if it is paired with Silagra. So, do not consume such food items while you are on Silagra.
How to take Silagra?
One can take this medicine with or without food. But, avoid fatty or heavy meals. High-fat content lowers the effectiveness of Silagra, and the drugs take more time to show its results. One needs to take this medicine at least one hour before engaging in any sexual activities.
What is the dosage of Silagra?
Silagra(1000) is usually prescribed before sexual activities as the medicine works if a man is aroused. In some cases, the doctors often recommend one pill once per day.
How to store Silagra Tablet?
It can be stored in a cool and dark place at ambient temperature. Please make sure to save this medicine out of the reach of children.
What to do in case of overdose?
In case of overdose, priapism or prolonged erection, heart attack, or irregular heartbeat with sharp chest pain can happen. So, it is better to contact the emergency service to get medical attention.
Side effects of Silagra
- upset stomach
- flushing (reddening and warming of the face)
- trouble sleeping
- sore throat
- runny nose
- Prolonged and painful erection
Silagra is a type of generic Viagra that is widely recommended by doctors to treat ED or erectile dysfunction in men. It is readily available in online and offline chemist shops as an OTC medicine.